Monday 22 March 2010

A touch of Spring


So at last it's starting to feel like Spring here in Northern Ireland (where I currently live) ... & finally we got to enjoy the good weather this weekend! I'm loving the flowers which are starting to appear! Some even appeared on our doorstep today ~ thanks to a visitor that dropped in :)

Basket of flowers we were given!

I also want to share one of my favorite recipes with you - Rocky Road - ... I made it in about 10 mins flat today for my visitors this week ~ it's so easy to make & did I mention how scrumptious it is!?


Ingredients

15oz milk chocolate (or 10oz milk & 5 oz plan chocolate if you prefer)
4oz butter
3oz mini marshmallows (or marshmallows cut in to small chunks)
3oz digestive biscuits, broken into small pieces
2oz sultanas

Mix the marshmallows, broken biscuits, and sultanas in a bowl. Melt the chocolate and butter in saucepan on a low heat until it forms a thick, smooth chocolate mixture.

Pour the mixture over the marshmallows, biscuits & sultanas and gently stir. Transfer evenly into an 8 inch square glass bowl/tin.

Place in the refrigerator until the mixture is set and then cut in to small pieces ~ lightly sprinkle with icing sugar to finish!

It's that easy! Enjoy :)

x

8 comments:

  1. I haven't had Rocky Road in ages! Glad that everyone is getting a touch of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you live in Ireland? That's awesome! I would love to travel there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at your white sweet petit. Adorable! Glad I popped onto your lovely blog. Spring is finally bursting out too over here in the Netherlands. :Love all the Spring flowers and sweet soft colors!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Catherine darling thanks so much for visiting my cottage, joining my followers and for the kind comment you left behind, much appreciated. I am delighted that our blogs crossed, now I have a lovely world to visit on daily basis.

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy spring! Oh I love the pictures and your pooch is too cute. :) Sweet bloggy!
    Xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for visiting me the other day...your blog is lovely and this recipe looks amazing..I am so going to try it. Hope the sun keeps shining for you and your sweet puppie. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmm sounds delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete