Sunday 7 March 2010

Antique Obsession...

I have to share my little antique find, which I am so obsessed with & despite being so small has made me so happy :)I was wandering along a promenade on the north coast of Ireland with my dog when I noticed a small antique shop PACKED with goodies... It was closing as I arrived which meant I couldn't spend as long as I wanted to there but I just couldn't leave this gorgeous little sugar bowl behind...


Interestingly, the dealer told me that the 'foreign 8' marking on the bottom indicates that it was made in either Germany or Japan during the war years & this is how china from there had to be marked then.... would you find a modern day china item with an interesting story like that..?! :)


And finally... yesterday, after nearly 8 months of marriage we bought a dining table & display cabinet - I was so happy with how my little sugar bowl sat on my modern display of plates and suddenly brought the shelf to life...check it out!!



Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. That is a gorgeous sugar bowl! I would not have left without it either!

    ReplyDelete