Monday 24 May 2010

My First Award!!



I was so happy to receive a blog award from the lovely Donna at Rosebud and Bluebells. When I started blogging I didn't expect any one to be interested in my blog when there are soo many talented & inspirational bloggers out there! So, thank you Donna so much for this lovely award - you really made my day & its people like you that make me love blogging so much :)
I really want to recommend you visit Donnas lovely blog which I love visiting & she is such a lovely person as well!

The rules of the award are that I need to thank the giver (thanks Donna!) and to write about 10 things that make me happy & then pass on the award to 5 people, so here goes...

1. My Husband
The husband has to be number 1 eh? ;) (Honestly, this has nothing to do with the possibility he may check this blog now & then) ;) We got married in July 2009 & had been together since I was 16!
I'm so lucky to have married my best friend!

2. My Family & Friends
I'm so fortunate to have a really supportive & loving family! I miss them a lot since moving from England, but try & get back often so I don't miss out on too much! I also love hanging out with my friends! Where would we be with out our girlfriends?

3. Traveling
I love traveling & would do more if I had the time/money! I don't know where my favorite location is...California is defiantly high on the list! I'm also in love with Greece - the food, weather, language, culture - love it :) Somewhere I really want to visit is Thailand!


4. Food
You may not think it to see me (as I'm a UK size 6 or 8) but I do love my food! :) My favorite food would have to be Greek Food...Greek Salad, Souvlaki, mmm!

5. ShoesI guess this doesn't need any explanation :) I love cute shoes & I love how shoes can make an outfit so much more fun! I don't know how many pairs I have & I don't have a type I like best... I do like to get a bargain though, as I think that way you can justify buying an extra pair...?!

6. Interior Design
Interior Design fascinates me - I can look at design magazines/books for hours! I love Elle Decoration Magazine & the book Easy Elegance! I don't know how to describe my style really & I think its important to create your own - I'd say I aim for sleek, yet relaxed modern with a splash of vintage here & there! Does that make sense? :)


7. Being Creative
I love making things & being creative. Its great to get projects to do when I have the time & I love the feeling of satisfaction you get when a project turns out well:) I enjoy photography & I love editing pictures to make them look arty! Why buy pictures when you can take them yourself ... so much more personal!!

8. Daisy
I had to put my 'ickle pooch down as one of my loves! She's the cutest & even though she's so small, she has a massive personality & is extremely entertaining :)

9. The Beach
I love everything about the beach...& I guess this is somehow reflected in my personal style. I love the relaxed way of living & healthy lifestyle beach-side living offers! I also love that no matter what time of year it is always fun to visit! I'd love one day to live nearer to the coast!

10. Blogging
I always thought blogging was a nerdy thing to do ... that was until I discovered blogspot!! Since starting my blog, I have got sooo much inspiration for what to do in my house & been given the 'get up & go' to actually get things in my home done!! I've also met some of the loveliest, talented ladies & randomly met someone I indirectly know! It really is a small world huh?

The 5 other bloggers I'm going to pass this on to are:

Duchess @ Rose Tea Cottage
Helena @ A Diary of Lovely
Jen @ Slumber Designs
Debbie Lee @ Inspired Design
Flaviana @ La maison des lilas

11 comments:

  1. Hi Catherine, First of all let me congratulate you on your award ~ you totally deserve it! I enjoyed reading the 10 things that make you happy, cute post. I think it is so sweet you have been with your husband since age 16! I get the small dog thing w/ the big personality ~ I have 2 like that, they run the show. Thank you so much for thinking of me and passing along the award, I'm flattered. I will do a post later and link back to you. Have a lovely day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Catherine! I stopped by to congratulate on your award and what do I see ?? You passed it along to me !! How sweet of you, thank you so much!!I'm honored, really!
    I loved to read about the 10 things that make you happy .. I can relate to more than one, especially the Greek food ;-))) It's umbelievably good!
    Hugs from me
    Flaviana

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh Congrats sweetie and thank you so very much!! Eyxaristo!!!
    So you are going to Athens? how fun, greek weddings are usually very fun, Im sure you will enjoy it!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations on your award! i am drawn to your lovely cottages around your neighborhood, i am always fascinated by the simple beauty it brings. found your blog thru inspired design. you do have a fun blog and will be your new follower! verbena cottage

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your award! I used to have the same view of blogging as you. But, it has been great to get daily inspiration. It is better than a subscription to a home magazine! I just found your blog through Verbena Cottage :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the award. Just found your blog via Debby Lee at Inspired Design. Love your list of 10 things that make you happy. I'll be a new follower.
    Wishing you a great week,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cathernine,
    So glad you enjoyed receiving this award, You always have lovely things to say on my blog and that is very encouraging. I enjoyed your list and totally know what you mean about the shoes lol. I'm a big fan of greek food too and would love to visit Greece one day.
    Have a great week.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, your first award!! But why the heck didn't this happen sooner though?? I L O V E your blog!! But great responses Dear! See, these are the posts that I love the most, these little awards help me get to know my favorite bloggers better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi dear Catherine! thank you for posting about my giveaway, darling! And congratulations on your first award!!!

    Hugs!
    Mara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Catherine, I found you from Flaviana blog. nice to have you here, I will follow your new adventure on blog land!

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Catherine - Congratulations to your first award. We plan moving to England soon, and I am learning a lot from your experiences and adventure.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete